Shalom haMashiach! (Peace of the Messiah!)
The latest lecture series entitled, Touched by Christ: The Sacramental Economy, was given in 2020 by Dr. Lawrence Feingold. Dr. Feingold is Associate Professor of Theology and Philosophy at Kenrick-Glennon Seminary, St. Louis, Missouri. He is also Director of Theology for the AHC.
Each lecture contains both the video and the slide presentation. The slides are for your personal use only as they reflect chapters in a book by the same name and not yet published.
- Why Do We Need Sacraments?
- What Are Sacraments?
- The Seven Sacraments.
- Christ Instituted the Sacraments.
- Matter and Form of the Sacraments.
- The Subject and Minister of the Sacraments.
- Sacramental Character.
- Res et sacramentum in the Eucharist, Matrimony, Anointing of the Sick, and Penance.
- The Gifts of Grace Communicated by the Sacraments.
- Sacramental Grace.
- Causality of the Sacraments as Instruments of Christ: Theological Tradition to Aquinas.
- St. Thomas Aquinas on Sacramental Causality.
- Causality of the Sacraments ex opera operato.
- Causality of the Rites of the Old Covenant.
- Rites of the Old Covenant in the Time of the Church.
- Sacramental Grace Received through Desire.
- Infants Who Die Without Baptism Entrusted to the Mercy of God.
- Conclusion: Sacraments and the Development of Doctrine; Sacramental Spirituality.